The first set of tips will cover the following 10 topics of primary interest to professionals looking for a new job:
1. How do I make a decision whether this is right time for me to move on?
2. What is the perfect next job for me?
3. What if I am searching for a job while I am still working full-time? What if I am unemployed and need to find a new job soon?
4. Are my expectations for the new job realistic?
5. What if I selected organizations I'd like to work for but none of them are responding?
6. What do I need to have in place before I apply?
7. How do I put together a winning resume? Do I need to use professional help?
8. What are the sources for a successful job search?
9. How do I get prepared for an interview? How do I achieve a 100% offer rate?
10. When do I negotiate an offer and how?
and a bonus:
Hooray! I got an offer for my dream job. Can I relax now?
We will also cover specific job situations, such as looking for your first professional job, moving to a different department within the same organization, landing your first managerial position, or progressing to an executive level. We will discuss how to compare your options, such an a Director-level position with a Fortune 100 company and a C-level position with a startup. We will map your offer to your career objectives, short-term and long-term, so that your next step takes you where you want to be professionally. We will talk a lot about relationship building, professional associations, building your presence, and the role of referrals in your next job. There will be very specific step-by-step advice and a lot of real-world examples.
Please feel to contribute your questions and suggestions so that this information is targeted to your professional experiences and can be immediately used by you and others in landing the job of your dreams and never getting disappointed in this decision.