Hello! My name is Mariya Breyter.
My journey to professional success has not been straightforward. However, each step in my career progression was a step towards my dream job and an opportunity to build on the newly acquired skills. There were days in my career when I felt victorious and days where I felt that I was not understood or appreciated. Over the years, I found out that many mistakes that I made were easy to avoid if I had the advice that I am now sharing with you.
From the outstanding career mentors that I met over the years and who became my friends and biggest supporters to great books and outstanding leaders I met throughout my professional journey from a software developer to a business executive, there is a lot of great advice that will help you achieve the career of your dreams..
My Job History
• Hands-on, performance-driven, business technology leader with 18 years of experience impacting enterprise bottom line, transforming business models, and building high-performance teams.
• Extensive experience in information technology spanning many aspects of software develop-ment as a COO of an IT consulting company, an Agile Coach, Scrum Master, PMO Director, Product Manager, and Project Manager. Experience in Agile Transformation, Portfolio & Product Management, Resource Management, Software Development and Delivery, and Project/Program Management.
• The list of employers includes PwC, FDNY, UnitedHealth Group, Kaplan Test Prep, InRhythm, PR Newswire; US&FCS, consulted for Amazon, Southwest Airlines, Citi bank, AmEx, multiple other clients..
• InRhythm received a prestigious Deloitte's 500 Fastest Growth award in 2015
• Two UnitedHealth Group Bravo! awards for outstanding performance in 2014-2015
• Second place winning team at Lean Start Up Machine New York in 2013.
• Office case study competition award by IT Metrics and Productivity Institute, 2012
• The www.prnewswire.com website received “Web Marketing Association Award” and “Best Website Bronze Award” (Bulldog Award for Excellence in Media/Public Relations, 2010).
• “Above and Beyond” award for customer service/ teamwork three consecutive years (2008-2010); Company Top Performer, 2010.
• Team award from the Commissioner, FDNY, 2005.
• Best in-house developed application from the City of New York, 2002.
• Award for Service Excellence from US Embassy, 1999.
• Blog "Thoughts of an Agile Coach"
• Agile Connection: Scrum Master: Role or Title
• Can a Scrum Master be an effective leader by working remotely?
• Scrum Master: Role or Responsibility?
• Cultural Aspects of Agile
• Scaling Scaled Agile
• The "Anna Karenina" Principles in Agile
• Using Agile and Lean to run the company
• How my team decomposed Agile?
• Agile Coaching is Dead: Long Live Agile Practicing!
• Enterprise Cadence
• The Power of the First 90 Days
• Do you need to be an influencer to become an Agile Coach?
• Commitment vs. Forecasting?
• On performance reviews- from employee standpoint
• On performance reviews - from manager's standpoint
• December 21, 2015: What does Being Agile Mean to You? - PMI NYC Panel
November 3, 2015: PMI • NYC: Practical Guide to Scaling Agile (the deck on Slideshare)
October 14, 2015: InRhythm University Meetup: Scaling Scaled Agile
• June 16, 2015: Big Apple Scrum Day 2015: Agile Coaching is Dead: Long Live Agile Practicing!
• June 17, 2013: Agile NYC: Enterprise Cadence (with Ilio Krumins-Beens) (description)
• May 14, 2013: Agile/Lean Practitioners Meetup: Scrum Master: A Role or Title?
• April 17, 2012: NY SPIN: Agile Hammer
• September 20, 2012: Agile Day NYC: Rolling out Agile Practices to 15 Teams in Six Months (with Ilio Krumins-Beens)
• August 2, 2012: Agile NYC podcast